Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Well today was a bit of a letdown (subtitled: I started Shark Week)


Nothing serious, I think.   I have just been in a pissy mood all day.  I've been a dick pretty much since noon or so.  Little things that rarely bother me more than a few seconds have been lingering in my noggin, feeding off each other like a bunch of drunk rowdy fans at a soccer match.  It's just a matter of time until someone gets bold and does something ill-advised.

Well, those of you who know me know I won't do anything too brash; I'm still very easy-going and rational at my core.  I behaved very poorly tonight at bowling, something that irks me greatly, looking back at it.  Now I didn't throw chairs or anything, just let my bad mood ruin what is normally a fun experience.

I think one thing that ticked me off was seeing my doctor this morning.  It seems my blood pressure is now a little elevated, into the mild stage 1 range.  I know I'm not the healthiest individual on my block, and I should expect something like this.  However what ticked me off is that I thought I was making great strides in trying to improve my health, through diet & exercise.  In less than 10 months, I've lost 94lbs and my blood work panels have all improved significantly.  And my 3 trips to the doctor since December '11 have shown my BP to be in the high-but-normal range.  So the question that nags me is: With all my improvements, why is my BP spiking?

My doctor is a typical HPN slug; barely acknowledges me with any sort of connection, rarely recites info correctly from my chart, and keeps his eyes glued to his laptop for 80% of our visit.  I only really need him to order my blood work from the lab - or so I thought up until now.  Now I guess I'm stuck with him for at least one more checkup to see how the Lisinopril plays out.

I think what's been responsible for today's foulness is the fact that my godsend low-carb diet did not shield me from the BP inflation.  Aside from helping me lose fat I never thought I could, it's cured about a dozen other things in my body to bring me into "normal" range.  I won't go into details (message me if you are interested), but one of the weirdest things is it made me stop producing dark brown ear wax.  Yes, you heard that correctly (and now I can too).  Fucking amazing, eh?

Anyway, back to me.  Oh, we never left me.  Whatever.  So what can I do to shake things up, something that'll really make me feel good?  Like any 13-year old girl, I purged my FB friends list.  I whacked away about 70 total, bringing me down under 100 again.  If you're reading this and we're still friends on FB, it's probably because 1 or more of the following (check all that apply):  I admire you or find you interesting, you admire me or find me interesting, I've hung out with you often, I want to see when you next perform, you're a co-worker who actually seems to want to be friends, I fear you and the ramifications of dropping you, you can do something for me, I dated you, I want to date you, you know someone I want to date,  you bought something from me in the past, and lastly, you can tell me if most or all of the commas in this sentence should have been semicolons.

Now if any of you are worried about my well-being, don't be too alarmed.  I usually am so laid back and worry-free that just sometimes (like today), little bumps in the road give me reason to pause and reflect.  I'm not suicidal; more likely just mulling over whether I should drop DirecTV when my 2 years is up next month.  (I hesitated to use the word suicidal, it just triggers alarm to even mention it.  Like Gred Focker saying "I don't have a bomb" and all anyone hears is "bomb.")  Really, nothing to see here, just a few paragraphs to reset myself and give me a framework on looking at tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment