Thursday, April 5, 2012

First!

Do you ever how wonder how many blogs are out there in the wild?  I'm not sure I remember the exact date when we decided to post our personal musings publicly rather than in a journal (that's a diary for you 14-year old girls), but  my first foray was only a few years ago.  Myself and 2 others ran a handful of affiliate marketing sites that used a blog format, but I don't really consider that true blogging.  We made a little money, for a while.  A good experience overall.

Doesn't it seem like the supply of blogs far outnumbers their demand?  I have a theory that blogs which are abandoned are actually harmful to their creators, psychologically (I am not really going to research this theory; I'd probably abandon it and cause harm to myself, psychologically).  The potential for guilt and embarrassment is huuuuuuge, when the whole world knows you only had enough creativity for 2 weeks' worth of posts.  And they weren't exactly exciting posts, either.

Personally, my goal is not to post every day, but at least once a week I'd like to enlighten you all with tales of a Rowdie life.  These tales may include:  my journey to lose 160 lbs, the time this girl I (sorta) know got on TV, bosses I love & hate, and damn it's fucking windy outside right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment